Idolmaker, The (CD)
The Idolmaker is based on the life of rock promoter and manager Bob Marcucci, who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian (he served as a technical advisor for the production). The film was directed by Academy Award winning director Taylor Hackford (An Officer and a Gentleman, Against All Odds) and was written by Edward Di Lorenzo (Miami Vice, Space 1999). It was also the feature film debut for Peter Gallagher, Joe Pantoliano, and Paul Land.
The Music for the film was written and Produced by Jeff Barry (who, with Ellie Greenwich, penned of some of the most iconic songs of the 60's (including “Be My Baby,” Do-Wah Diddy,” Hanky Panky,” “River Deep Mountain High,” and Chapel of Love”). In addition, he produced all of Neil Diamond’s early hits including “Cherry Cherry,” “Solitary Man,” “Kentucky Woman,” and “Girl You’ll Be A Woman Soon.”
The recording artists featured on the soundtrack, include key personal from Phil Spector’s “Wall of Sound,” Darlene Love ("He's a Rebel," (The Crystals) and “Wait Til’ My Bobby Gets Home,” and Nino Tempo (Nino & April) who plays the sax on three instrumentals. Also featured are The Sweet Inspirations who backs many hits for Aretha Franklin and Elvis Presley and countless others.
Tracklist1. Here Is My Love • (Performed by Jesse Frederick) (2:52)
2. Ooh-Wee Baby • (Performed by Darlene Love) (3:15)
3. Come and Get It (Instrumental) • (Performed by Nino Tempo) (1:53)
4. Sweet Little Lover • (Performed by Jesse Frederick) (4:04)
5. I Can't Tell • (Performed by Colleen Fitzpatrick) (3:30)
6. However Dark the Night • (Performed by Peter Gallagher) (3:44)
7. Baby • (Performed by Peter Gallagher) (3:39)
8. I Know Where You're Goin' • (Instrumental) (Performed by Nino Tempo) (3:09)
9. A Boy and A Girl • (Performed by The Sweet Inspirations and The London Fog) (3:55)
10. I Believe It Can Be Done • (Performed by Ray Sharkey) (2:55)
11. I Believe It Can Be Done (Instrumental) • (Performed by Nino Tempo) (3:26)